How did time just fly?!
Met almost all the vendors last week and alhamdulillah, everything is more or less settled for now. It’s true what people say – the last lap is the busiest (but also laziest) lap. Also this could possibly be my lengthiest blog post as I talk about them.
I always try to squeeze two vendors in a day, so I get to maximize my day. Pretty much successful so far, except one or two vendors.
Here’s the list of vendors I have met, documenting this for future reference so that the timeline would be useful to somebody somehow:
10 October 2016: Pixclique (Abby & husband)
– Met them at Starbucks at Bedok mall after work. So easy to work with them because again, I also tak cerewet. Settled on photo strips instead of the usual photo size, and I didn’t have any design I wanted in particular anyway! Opted for personalised message at the back too, so friends please leave your message k! Also settled on what was needed on that day such as how many chairs or tables needed and also paid whatever I needed to pay. #easypeasy
16 October 2016: Sweetz Creation (Kak Aida) and Catering and Decor (Cik Tipah and fam)
– Met Kak Aida at Koh Nangkam to finalise pelamin measurements and discuss colours for trays. She was late, but I understand because there were problems with the delivery earlier. She is really nice and full of smiles, and super accomodating too alhamdulillah. We didn’t have any preferred colour theme so she suggested what would be best for us, made things so much easier since SK and I also semua OK. Meeting was pretty short, so I am left with passing the barang over to her soon. Probably tomorrow.
Side story: I only booked her recently, and she mentioned that she’s actually full for the whole year but she said she will look at her schedule. I had no high hopes, of course, but she got back to me and she said she’ll be able to do it alhamdulillah!
– Catering and Decor: Finalised menu again and then found out that they actually can give free ice cream but I already booked ice cream booth so they changed to something else. I don’t know what else my parents added though but yang penting they like. For decor, I said no preference but in the end I send 2 pictures to her hahahahaha. jadi ah. Settled some payment after that. After settling this, got to makan from cik eton punya spread. sedap ah op cos! they even gave us some food to pack back which actually made my brother quite happy because he loved the ayam.
17 October 2016: DJ (dyn)
– My parents specifically wanted to meet him so I also terbabit. He is such a funny person, and my parents also quite liked him. Actually they were the ones who asked me to look for him lah pun. We settled on our itinerary and my parents asked several questions about before set up, games, photo taking, after cake cutting and all that. His explanation was really good and of course he made such a good impression so I am looking forward to see him at work! I just need to find my walk in song, and cake cutting song ASAP. (I have but heh it’s such an odd song) I also like it he starts, and end with a du’a so that’s really impt for me heh.
25 October 2016: Cake (fluff)
– The meeting got postponed twice! I was disappointed of course. In the end they accommodated to my timing on Monday, but without the baker that’s supposed to do my cake. Haha but the one who took note of my order (Sarah?) was really nice and all, and was in constant contact with the baker, Di, throughout the whole meeting. Created an awesome cake with the other baker’s help with lots of Speculoos and Nutella – I feel slightly remorseful because OMG what did I do what if i am going to be muak? bahahah. But I promised myself I will keep the cake all to myself after. #tamaktahapgaban
I also upgraded my cake to the frosted one so they’ll be delivering late to accommodate the weather. OK JE.
27 October 2016: Flashed (Salihin), Peti Solek final fitting
– Met Salihin over at their new office in Ubi and discussed itineraries and things to take note of: transportation, time and other miscellaneous. pretty straightforward and quite efficient – just the way we like it.
– Cabbed to Bukit Batok after meeting Salihin to eat first before heading to Peti Solek new office at The Elitist! The new place is gorgeous seriously, especially when you can see all their collection hanging. I was in awe. As usual, Qee, Sue and Cik Majid were there. Saw our 4 gorgeous outfits already hanging at the side! But then Qee broke the news to us that Wanie won’t be able to make it for our event….so they’ll be the replacement alhamdulillah. Not like we are badly affected lah pun hahaha tk affected langsung actually because I trust these kakak andam ni.
Tried on all four outfits. The nikah outfit was fitted so nicely and made me realise that SHIT JUST GOT REAL. SK felt the same way. Are we really getting married?! YES WE ARE. Also, busy or what pengantin lelaki must ikat samping and all the thingamagic, in fact he took longer than I did. But then again who am I to complain when I will be the one who will take hours to siap and make up for the rest of our lives bahahaha.
Tried on all four change outfits and then we were done. Almost had to change the last outfit because they couldn’t find a matching veil, but they found something to match so alhamdulillah! Settled itinerary again after that and phewww we were done!
We left and they said, “See you next week!”
GUYS it’s almost next week 😱😱😱
IS IT I GETTING MARRIED HEHE